Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Vicissitude.

The winds of fortune, don't blow the same anymore. I seem to have fallen out of grace with lady luck, blessings no longer make me the envy of the world. This empire i used to govern, now rebel against my every whim. Legions upon legions of men under my command, only curse my very existence and spit at my feet. Allegiances that once stood like concrete towers, crumble under the stench of traitors with gold. Once a cordially invited guest of the gods at their residence, now a mortal left to lead the life of the dying. King of the universe, thrown into the pits where rabid dogs snap at my heel.

Deep inside your soul lies a golden harp that only ever hums for you and you alone. You think you're everyone's baby but sadly, we can breathe without you dear. How great the change huh?

No comments: