Saturday, April 11, 2009

Silver.

I'm afraid not of death but of time, not enough time to live the way i want to lead my one chance. Afraid i won't have sufficient time to do the things i want the most in life. What i wouldn't want more than to live the remainder of my life on an island just off the coastal waters of mainland Greece. Sweating profusely under the blistering yet merciful heat, sketching pictures of toned fishermen slowly rocking on their boats, expertly balancing themselves while reeling in the nets. Finding a chaste damsel in a bright green dress out on the balcony hanging her laundry. Those guileless pair of eyes staring right back at me, her smile the very core of my happiness. 

Diving into the pristine waters without a care in the world, my mind perfectly at ease amidst the crashing of waves onto the craggy rocks of the serrated shoreline. Treading water, i watch the little fishing boats noisily power by in the distance. From where i am they seem like little toys tugged along by God's invisible hand, all a part of his propaganda. 

I can't concentrate right now so, i have this sudden urge to put on my running shoes and just head off to East Coast with a sketchpad and pencil in hand. Just to draw the scenery by the beach, or maybe lovers in each other's arms. I will continue from where i've left off here in tomorrow's post. 

I will find the better life.
Sorry, bye. 

No comments: