Monday, April 13, 2009

Greece.

I make my way through the local fish market, shoes soaked with salt water and fish grime. I cringe my face as the distinct smell of seafood tingles my senses, a mixture of rotting fish and sea water. The outspoken fishermen with their hoarse voices and coarse skin holler incoherently, each wildly advertising their catch. Here amongst the frenzied commotion, i notice only the silent. The ranting of each individual person forming pulses of sound, pounding hard on my ears.

The cobalt sky streaks across the background like a painting of unprecedented qualities, the perfect background for a picnic by the sea. The seagulls drift all around, wings caught in the updraft of warm wind. Screeching for their mates, they claw at each other like they're birds of prey counterparts. The roar of the ocean appeals to me the most, keeping within her the infinite numbers of wildlife to a depth i cannot comprehend. Stars glitter like blood diamonds harvested to the east, the light finally reaching me after milleniums of travel. The wind caresses my skin like a feline nuzzling up against me. Lying with the village behind me, i lay my burdens to the wind and just.. let go.

No comments: